1) Today is my parents’ anniversary! They have been married 27 years today, and they are still so very happy and in love. My sisters, brother and I are so lucky to have them as our parents and have such a wonderful example of marriage. I’m “babysitting” all my sisters tonight while they go on a date! Happy anniversary Daddy and Momma!
2) I’ve decided I really love coffee. Not just the lattes and mochas from the coffee shop anymore. I have apparently been drinking the wrong kind of coffee. Turns out I like dark roast, strong coffee, barely sweet and no cream. Yum! And thank goodness…I really need an extra boost of energy sometimes!
3) We had a bee infestation today. In our house. I am terrified of bees, so it was kind of a big deal. When we woke up this morning there were about 30 bees in our living room. We sprayed them, had a few traumatic moments with Max about them (he likes bugs, but only on his terms…he wasn’t a fan of them in our house), and cleaned them all up. We also sprayed their nest outside. Now we just have to figure out where they were coming in and fix that. So bazaar.
4) All you iPhone users…go download the “A Beautiful Mess” app. It’s fantastic. And while you’re at it, you should all follow the blog, too. My sweet sister in-law introduced me to it, and I’m hooked.
5) One of my favorite things about moving back to Wilkes has been spending time with some of my favorite people. I have especially loved getting to be around my sisters. Because they were adopted after I was in college in Greensboro, I feel like I never really got an opportunity to get to know them very well. Now I am finally getting to spend time with them, and I love it.