^^^Max is pretty excited about today. He knows Daddy doesn’t have to work, and it’s a beautiful day! He was saying, “Mommy! It’s a blue sky! Blue sky, perfect day!” (we watch The Lorax a lot…haha!)
It’s been a while since I did a five things friday post…but I had some good stuff to share with you guys! I might start doing these posts again…who knows?!
1. I have been listening to this on REPEAT the last several days…
and this too.
2. I almost always make some sort of soup (or really anything that heats over well) for us to eat on for lunches every week. This week? Sweet potato chili. So good. I’m not sure who takes credit for the recipe, but I got it from my sister in law, Chelsea:
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 cans of navy beans
- 1 can of black beans (rinsed)
- 1 can red beans
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 can of petite diced tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons of chili powder (to taste)
- cumin to taste
–> combine all ingredients, simmer for an hour, and enjoy it! Such a good, different kind of chili!
3. The “pull-up fairy” came for a visit at our house this week. She took all the pull-ups (which are the devil. I advise all of you who are prepping to potty train…stay away from the pull-ups!) and left Max a sweet, encouraging note to accompany his brand new pack of boxer briefs. See…Max is totally capable of using the potty, he just chooses not to. So we had to get creative! Haha!
4. People you should follow on the internet:
5. We are planning the boys’ first joint birthday cookout with our families (it’s still almost 3 weeks away, but I am a plan ahead kind of person), and it just doesn’t seem real. I am a mom. With two boys. A mom that plans birthday cookouts and gets excited about things like Little Tikes “cozy trucks” and sandboxes. I am overcome with gratitude this week that I get to share a life with them, and Nick, and our families. I’m in one of these moods where I just love everybody so. much. I love you, too, ok?
1) hubby is home for the weekend! We spent the evening running errands and grocery shopping with both kids in tow. It made me strangely happy. We were in the car on our way and I realized I had butterflies. Like the feeling I used to get when we would go on dates in high school. BUT THIS WAS A TRIP TO THE GROCERY STORE. WITH OUR KIDS. I must love him an awful lot.
2) We have had a lot of teething going on over here this week, and that is a new experience. Most of Max’s teeth came in without a whimper. But not his two year molars. And Drew is getting his two front bottom teeth in. Nobody has had a tooth actually come through, but we’ve had little sleep and lots of random crying all week…rough. Today has seemed to be better though!
3) Speaking of tough, do y’all have anybody to share those tough times with? Someone to pray for you? I’m part of a group text message prayer group, and it has blessed me tremendously to have those ladies constantly praying for me, encouraging me, and listening to me. I can’t even begin to tell you how they have lifted me up! Maybe you should start a group of your own! I was inspired to start this group by a devotional from the Proverbs 31 Ministries. It was based on this verse: “Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.” Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (NLT)
4) Do y’all have any great meal planning methods that you love? Grocery shopping is definitely easier for me when I know exactly what we need for every meal, but it is seriously the bane of my existence. I feel like I should be more organized about it, but I’m not sure how to get that way!
5) The weather here has been fantastic. But weird. It’s the end of July in the South, but…tomorrows high is only 74! I’m not a hot weather girl. I live for Fall and Spring, so I can’t complain. But still, it is definitely weird.
Whoa! It’s been forever since I did one of these. I’m trying super hard to get back into blogging, and I guess this is a start. Here goes!
1) Can’t. Stop. Won’t. Stop. Eating Granny Smith apples with peanut butter. Definitely my current favorite snack!
2) I’m part of “The Parcel Exchange”…8 girls across the country who send someone in the group a package of goodies in the mail once a month (and also receive a package once a month). It’s so much fun! You should check out Chelsea’s blog post about it here.
3) My brother, Tucker, is an amazing designer. He currently has a shirt up for pre-order on The Cotton Bureau, and he has to sell 15 more shirts over the next 5 days for them to go to print! It’s a great shirt, and you should check it out here. Also, he’s having a sale over on Etsy to get rid of some old stock of prints. They are great, and are only $5 plus shipping! Hurry on over a buy yourself one.
4) I’ve been using “blog lovin'” to keep up with all the blogs I read! It’s fantastic. They have an iPhone app and of course you can use it on the computer.
5) Max is talking up a storm these days. Yesterday, Nick told him he had to eat two more bites of macaroni and cheese before he could have a cookie, and Max responded, “no, one bite.” I was shocked! That shows me that he understands not only the order of numbers, but also the value! That’s huge. He’s such a smart kid.