^^^Max is pretty excited about today. He knows Daddy doesn’t have to work, and it’s a beautiful day! He was saying, “Mommy! It’s a blue sky! Blue sky, perfect day!” (we watch The Lorax a lot…haha!)
It’s been a while since I did a five things friday post…but I had some good stuff to share with you guys! I might start doing these posts again…who knows?!
1. I have been listening to this on REPEAT the last several days…
and this too.
2. I almost always make some sort of soup (or really anything that heats over well) for us to eat on for lunches every week. This week? Sweet potato chili. So good. I’m not sure who takes credit for the recipe, but I got it from my sister in law, Chelsea:
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 cans of navy beans
- 1 can of black beans (rinsed)
- 1 can red beans
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 can of petite diced tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons of chili powder (to taste)
- cumin to taste
–> combine all ingredients, simmer for an hour, and enjoy it! Such a good, different kind of chili!
3. The “pull-up fairy” came for a visit at our house this week. She took all the pull-ups (which are the devil. I advise all of you who are prepping to potty train…stay away from the pull-ups!) and left Max a sweet, encouraging note to accompany his brand new pack of boxer briefs. See…Max is totally capable of using the potty, he just chooses not to. So we had to get creative! Haha!
4. People you should follow on the internet:
- The Tiny Twig Blog, or thetinytwig on Instagram
- fivechicksandfarmer on Instagram
- Jen Loves Kev
- Kincaid Parade
- y’all already know how much I love the Naptime Diaries.
5. We are planning the boys’ first joint birthday cookout with our families (it’s still almost 3 weeks away, but I am a plan ahead kind of person), and it just doesn’t seem real. I am a mom. With two boys. A mom that plans birthday cookouts and gets excited about things like Little Tikes “cozy trucks” and sandboxes. I am overcome with gratitude this week that I get to share a life with them, and Nick, and our families. I’m in one of these moods where I just love everybody so. much. I love you, too, ok?